ON GIANT SHOULDERS
Daughter of Adolph Green
Daddy's Shoulders (Lyrics by Amanda Green, Music by Ned Ginsburg)
Amanda Green is a two-time Tony nominated lyricist/composer, and award-winning performer. Her Broadway credits include Hands On A Hardbody, Bring It On, co-lyricist with Lin Manuel Miranda, High Fidelity, and additonal book & lyrics for the 2019 revival of Kiss Me Kate. She was born and raised in New York City, where she lives with her husband Jeffrey Kaplan.
Adolph Green was half of the legendary duo of Betty Comden & Adolph Green, who wrote some of the most iconic MGM and Broadway musicals of the twentieth century, including Singin’ In The Rain, The Band Wagon, On The Town, Wonderful Town, Peter Pan and Bells Are Ringing. He won 7 Tony Awards, Grammy Awards and received The Kennedy Center Honors. He was married to Tony Award-winning actress Phyllis Newman for more than forty years.
On Giant Shoulders… A Daughter Can See Clearly
- Setting Clear Limits and Providing a Moral Code (submit your story here)
- Spirituality and Religion (Ingrid Peart)
- Standing Up for Your Beliefs (Dominique Sharpton)
- The Importance of Humility (Kathryn Ho)
- Lasting Values Over Materialism (Nan Nicklaus O’Leary)
- Helping Others (Helen Rafferty)
- Failure…and Learning from Mistakes (submit your story here)
- Value of Hard Work (Stephanie Staubach Phillips)
- Mindfulness (Carmela Cipriani)